Library Catalog: https://library.k12.hi.us:8070/?config=355#section=home
Our mission here at the Hilo High School Library is to support the academic programs of Hilo High School. Here are some things you should know about using your high school library.
Along with promoting a calm and quiet environment for study and reading, we also encourage students to care for and respect the library and those who use it.
- Use a quiet voice and appropriate language.
- Refrain from eating and drinking in the library.
- Food and drink may be left at the front desk as you enter.
- Do not put your feet on furniture, tilt the chairs, or sit on tables.
- No yelling, running, or playing around.
- If you want to use the library during class time, you will need a library pass from your teacher and your school ID. ID replacements may be obtained at the library.
Students who do not follow these rules may be asked to leave.
You must have your school ID in order to check out library books.
- You may have up to five books checked out to you at a time.
- Books can be borrowed for up to three weeks.
- Books can be renewed for another three weeks if no one has placed a hold on the book.
- Please return books in the book slot at the front counter. Do not re-shelve books you borrowed.
- All textbooks can be borrowed at the library.
- Your teacher may bring your class down to borrow textbooks, or they may require you to pick up the textbook on your own time.
- Textbooks are on loan for the entire year and due no later than the last day of school.
- SENIORS: Your textbooks are due before your commencement!
- Students will be required to fill out a textbook contract for each textbook borrowed.
Have a wonderful school year Vikings, see you all at the Library!