SY 21-22 Registration Hub
Question and Answer Live Stream
Deadline: Friday, December 11, 2020
Welcome to the registration page for School Year 2021 - 2022. Here you will find the course catalog and a gallery of electives to choose from.
Current Students of Hilo High School: To register for next year's classes, visit your STARS Google Classroom for instructions and the link to your specific registration form.
Students who fail to return their registration forms will be scheduled by their counselors or the registrar with no option for change if they end up with courses that “were not asked for” or “they didn’t want or need.”
Schedule Change Policy
One of Hilo High’s learner outcomes is that students will “Act as responsible citizens in the community, state, nation and global society.” With this in mind, students should make careful, thoughtful decisions during registration. In order to maximize classroom learning and minimize disruption, students and parents should be aware that:
- Schedule changes may be made for the following reasons: incomplete schedule, credit previously received for the course, incorrect level placement, course required for graduation, scheduling error (same course on the schedule), IEP/MP team decision, or extenuating circumstances.
- Schedule changes are allowed during the first 2 weeks after the start of the first semester. Request for changes to second semester schedules may be submitted during the two weeks before and two weeks after the start of the second semester.
- Once the schedule change period has passed, changes can be made only by administrative approval. The following will apply:
- If a class change is approved after 50% of the class is completed, the student can only be placed in school service.
- When a change is made within the same content area, the “drop teacher” will send the exit grade to the “add teacher.”
- No schedule changes will be processed in the fourth quarter.