The Department of Special Education offers free online tutoring for students who would benefit from one-to-one online reading support. This tutoring support is provided by current licensed special education teachers who are enrolled in our Reading Interventionist Program at the College of Education to become nationally certified Reading Interventionists. This online tutoring program provides these teachers with the field requirements and hours needed as they work towards national certification as Reading Interventionists by the International Dyslexia Association and Center for Effective Reading Instruction. Therefore, students and families must commit to consistently participating in the program for the entire tutoring period in order to be eligible for this free online tutoring support. Please help in sharing this opportunity with the parents/guardians of eligible students!
Fall & Spring Tutoring Program & Eligibility Details
- Eligibility Details: Students must be in grades 1-12 during SY 2023-2024
- Timeframe: Online one-to-one tutoring is provided throughout the school year (24 weeks: August 2023 – April 2024). There will be a break from the tutoring sessions during the months of December and January. Students and families must commit to consistently participating in the program throughout the identified school year.
- Weekly Time Commitment: Exact days/times will be arranged to meet the needs of tutee and tutor. Tutoring sessions may follow one of the following schedules:
- 30 – 45 minutes each, 3 days per week; or
- 60 minutes each, 2 days a week
Fall & Spring 2023-2024 Application Deadline: June 12, 2023
Parents/Guardians: Please complete this intake Google Form to the best of your knowledge and indicate which session(s) you would like to apply for: https://forms.gle/
For questions or assistance, please email [email protected]